We are looking for team members who are excited to make a significant impact in the oncology space and help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here is what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health could be the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will work as a member of the Quantitative Sciences team to answer some of the most important questions in cancer using Flatiron’s unique, large real-world dataset. In addition, you will also:
- Become a subject matter expert on our data and its capabilities
- Transform real-world clinical data into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to a wide range of end users
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results
- Generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Flatiron achieve its ambitious goals
You will collaborate with a team of oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver analytics products.
Who You Are
You are an analytical thinker with experience analyzing real-world data. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You hold a Master’s degree with 4 years of industry experience or PhD (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, health economics, or a related discipline
- You love working with data and have experience exploring it with a critical and thoughtful eye
- You are proficient in R/Python (or another programming language and are committed to becoming an expert in R/Python)
- You are an effective communicator, both oral and written
- You are self-motivated, flexible, proactive and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems
- You know how to balance attention to detail with execution against tight timelines
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have oncology experience
- You have consulting experience
- You have experience working with longitudinal EMR data
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with top talent in the forefront of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.