Regulatory Analyst, NJ Operations
Hi, we're Oscar.We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.We brought together leaders from top technology, healthcare and service companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Oscar is seeking a smart, energetic, diligent and organized Regulatory Analyst to join our New York team. The Regulatory Analyst, New Jersey will be involved in the management and execution of New Jersey state regulatory initiatives; legislative and regulatory analysis; and contractual analysis. Prior experience in New Jersey state regulatory filings, including rates and forms filings, a plus! In addition to working closely with the Legal and Compliance, the Regulatory Analyst will work with stakeholders across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist Regulatory Counsel with managing our relationships with New Jersey regulatory bodies.
- Maintain databases for regulatory and legal documents
- Maintain calendar for filings and other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and file required documentation with state regulators
- Assist Legal, Compliance, and Finance teams in responding to information requests and audits from state and federal regulators
- Project management responsibilities across initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree from accredited university
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player with simultaneous ability to work autonomously and manage competing demands and shifting priorities
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working with New Jersey Regulatory Agencies
- Have experience with health plan rate and form filings
- Understand the Affordable Care Act and health insurance industry
- Have worked at a startup
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.