Senior Analyst, Contracting
What is the Position?
At Oscar, we work hard to provide the kind of healthcare we would want for ourselves. Many of our members will need to see a doctor outside of Oscar’s network for emergent or highly specialized care. In this role, you will work on a team of negotiators devoted to helping Oscar partner with hospitals and providers across the country to deliver quick and technology forward healthcare services. The team facilitates coverage for out-of-network care for thousands of Oscar’s sickest members and negotiates rates that generate millions of dollars in savings.
As a senior analyst, you will be responsible for managing a set of cases and driving them to close through your ability to negotiate, project manage, and communicate effectively. You’ll work closely across the organization to facilitate some of Oscar’s most complex medical cases, and to continually optimize the timelines and savings we’re able to provide these members, so they can focus on what matters - their health.
During your first six weeks:
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of the single case contracting process
- Taken ownership of dozens of contracts
- Worked closely with teammates to resolve complex negotiations
- Closed cases within turnaround-time targets and hit pricing targets
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
You continue to...
- Become an in-house expert on the Single Case Agreement (SCA) contracting processes
- Manage a caseload containing expensive and complex cases
- Ensure that all contracts are turned around within required timelines
- Support junior members of the team in working through challenging negotiations
- Contribute to teamwide goals to improve the Contracting team business outcomes
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think on your feet and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and drive to complete projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrated interest in the healthcare industry
- Eagerness to grow, learn, and collaborate as a member of multifaceted team
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Experience conducting complex negotiations
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and revenue codes
- SQL, Google Sheets and/or Excel skills
- Proven track record of excellence in both formal and informal settings
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.