Senior Associate, Operations Strategy at Better
Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services included mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- From its founding in 2016 through 2020, Better funded $30.9B in home loans and provided over $7B in cumulative coverage through Better Cover and Better Settlement Services, the insurance divisions of Better
- Ranked #1 on LinkedIn’s Top Startups List for 2020 and 2021
- Ranked #2 on Fortune's Best Companies for Millenials 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021
- People Magazine Companies that Care 2021
- Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021
- Top Women Originators 2021
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- Better has raised over $400M in equity capital since inception
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is a family of companies. Better Mortgage Corporation provides home loans; Better Real Estate, LLC provides real estate services; Better Cover, LLC provides homeowners insurance policies; and Better Settlement Services provides title insurance services.
A Better Opportunity:
We’re building a world-class Operations and Insights team; one that combines highly effective processes and systems that enable efficiency and scale. You can think of our team as 'the brains' of Better's revenue-generating engine. We support the business with insights, analyses, and thought partnership on the most complex problems to enable growth and exceptional customer experience.
The right person for this role has the ability to leverage data, communicate actionable insights and help drive business outcomes. More specifically, we're looking for an analytically-savvy individual who can identify operational gaps, facilitate workflow optimization, change management, and automation. Our ideal candidate is both entrepreneurial with the ability to innovate and take initiative, as well as team-oriented with strong cross-functional collaboration skills. The primary objective of the Associate position is to help drive increased efficiencies that support scale.
** Please note that this is a general job posting that accounts for various Sr./Associate level positions across the strategy & operations functions aligned to our broader Operations & Insights team. Upon reviewing your application, our recruiting team will identify which team and role is the most suitable based on your experience.
- Support core operational strategies; drive optimization and improvement across process flows and systems
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing internal processes, refine and reiterate to facilitate strong business outcomes aligned to our broader organizational goals
- Leverage data to collect actionable insights; generate novel analyses that educate business decisions, drive KPI execution (i.e. productivity, cycle time, quality) and support increasingly efficient scale
- Partner with global commercial and operations teams to support the growth and evolvement of various Better business lines at scale
- Build and evolve an automated operations system that will continue to transform the Mortgage industry
- This role is designated as ‘Flex Mode,’ and is not a fully remote position. The number of days in office will vary based on role requirements. As such, employees must be located within commuting distance of the office and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- 2-5+ years of experience in a strategic operational role
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (SQL/Tableau/Looker is preferred)
- Strong bias-to-action, practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments that at times lack direction and/or frequently change
- Strong communication and relationship building/stakeholder management skills
- Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies
- Prior experience working in R/Python
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier firm
Job Req ID: 875
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.