Senior Data Analyst (Health Data Management) - Veeva Data Cloud at Crossix
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Analyst focused on inbound Health Data on Veeva Data Cloud, you will own analyses focused on improving the quality and timely delivery of health data. Data is central to the success of our products - both in quality and coverage.
You will be responsible for analyzing source data to ensure the fields conform standard formats and contain core elements. You will identify gaps in new and existing data and work with developers on transformation and mapping logic.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
- Explore and derive insights from high volumes of inbound health data to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability, relevance, and timeliness
- Strong technical and analytical skills including data mining, analysis, interpretation, and reporting using large scale medical or administrative data set
- Incorporate new data sources into existing core schemas
- Execute data querying, cleansing and analysis. Understand impact of missing values, recognize discrepancies, and apply methods for deduplication
- Build expertise on the data in Veeva Data Cloud, contributing to documentation and validation reports
- Exploratory analytics to find data issues and provide recommendations for fixing
- Understand and test changes in the data (both planned and unplanned) to determine configuration changes are needed and any impact on quality
- Collaborate closely with a team of Data Scientists, Product Managers and Developers to ensure data is built and delivered with quality
What You’ve Done
- 6+ years experience working with big data for healthcare
- Expert level SQL including transforming and extracting data from related databases
- Contribute to automated quality control reporting to evaluate and monitor trends of incoming daily and weekly data
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, with a knack for finding and investigating trends and patterns in data
- Lead, analyze and troubleshoot data issues, identify root cause and implement coding updates to resolve
- Expert knowledge of medical and pharmacy claims data and mastery level knowledge of medical coding systems and standards (ICD, CPT, NDC, DRG,NPI)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be precise and clear when describing results of data analyses
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Provide guidance and training to more junior data staff as needed to help ensure accuracy and timeliness of deliverable
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
Nice to Have
- Experience in SAS or R
- Experience with clinical data (EHR)
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience working with an agile team
About the Team – Crossix delivers hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.