Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will contribute to a wide-range of data-intensive initiatives that optimize our freight brokerage operations and enable us to evaluate, plan, and execute new services across our networks of shippers and carriers. You’ll be responsible for analyzing operational performance across quality, productivity, and cost. This role will improve our ability to forecast capacity needs, as well as supply chain costs, enabling Transfix to consistently cover loads and smooth the impact of demand spikes, seasonality, and volatility. This role will frequently require out of the box thinking, along with drive and determination to build new data products and workflows from scratch for new domains where we do not yet have a foundation in place.
Data touches every initiative we're driving forward including pricing, routing, and optimizing performance to name a few. We’re primarily working in Snowflake DB, Looker, Python, and AWS.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze market data and macroeconomic trends to understand and predict impact on pricing and operational performance.
- Create, implement, and continuously improve scorecards that provide meaningful and actionable insights into each component of our supply chain, allowing our team to have real-time, fact-based conversations that lead to improved business performance.
- Enable Transfix to monitor, measure, and manage time and money spent across each aspect of our operations, and to estimate impact of new product development initiatives.
- Lead analytical studies into our operational workflow, shipper and carrier networks, and freight bidding and covering to produce insights and internal whitepapers that will inform new business opportunities and product roadmaps.
- Proactively implement processes and tools to improve the operational effectiveness of the organization.
- Analyze portfolio of freight contracts and related industry data to identify risks.
- Partner with key functional leaders and experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
- Translate complex math into easy-to-understand, visually-engaging, and actionable insights.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or quantitative field.
- You love data and have at least 4 years of professional experience in quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- Experience with SQL, statistical/mathematical software & methods (e.g. R, Python, Jupyter Notebook, SAS, Matlab), and reporting/visualization platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau).
- You are comfortable working in high-paced, impact-driven environments, and have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are an effective communicator that can draft compelling analytical reports as well as clearly communicate a concept to executives in a meeting.
- You are diligent and disciplined when it comes to testing and validation of report accuracy and underlying data.
- You enjoy collaborating with people across diverse functions.
- You strive to improve solutions through iteration and communication.
This is a remote position. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.