Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
This spotlight focuses in on our open Senior Data Analyst position.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped over 10,000 SMBs secure over one billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our near 5-star rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor bi-weekly catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also host bi-weekly company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Senior Data Analyst will be essential in helping Fundera become data-driven. They will work closely with the data team to audit and analyze existing data, insights from which will be used to build features to improve machine learning models used at Fundera. They will also be the owner for Fundera data strategy, identifying data gaps and recommendations on how to plug those gaps. As the Senior Data analyst, they will collaborate with cross-functional teams to standardize company-wide metrics and help with creating metrics in the context of model performance measurement. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Senior Data Analyst, You’ll Get to...
- Build a data taxonomy and be responsible for data integrity issues.
- Partner with the product and engineering team to lead the initiative to support business intelligence needs at Fundera.
- Work alongside the data team on developing new features that will fuel better recommendations on the Fundera platform.
- Partner with stakeholders to make data-driven decisions across the organization by leveraging descriptive and predictive analytics where it will have a material impact.
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day analytics support to partner teams, develop tools and resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 3-5 years of analyst experience transforming and analyzing data from multiple sources to drive business insights.
- Expertise in SQL, as well as Python or R.
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, data management, Salesforce, SEO, Web analytics.
- Experience managing, manipulating and setting up large data sets (e.g., Transaction data, CRM data, Analytics data) for analyses at different levels of sophistication .
- Run advanced predictive models and statistical analyses using python or R or other statistical software.
- Proven experience in building dashboards and implementing new reporting systems.
- Experience defining analytics tracking requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and experience successfully partnering with non – analysts to drive improved outcomes for the business through analytics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree statics, math, engineering or equivalent. Master’s Degree is a bonus.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the experience, apply below to be our Senior Data Analyst.