Senior Data Analyst at Narrativ
Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
Narrativ is looking for an experienced data analyst who is skilled at extracting business insights at web-scale. In this role, you will become master of the company’s data model and a champion for accurate reporting. You will wrangle billions of rows of data into dashboards that guide strategic business decisions. You will make it a joy for businesspeople and engineers alike to see how revenue is affected by various technical systems, creating transparency and accountability that drives ever-improving algorithms. Your expertise and creativity will result in many people being pleasantly surprised to learn a new thing about the business, backed by hard facts.
You are Narrativ’s Data Analyst 📊Core Responsibilities:
- Establishing best practices for sharing key metrics across the business
- Answering business intelligence questions
- Establish testing infrastructure
- Develop and execute test plans, mentor others in how to execute a test plan
- Effectively communicate and escalate discovered issues to Engineers and Product Managers
- Prioritize and advocate for issues in the backlog
- Contribute to a culture of quality in every part of the product development process
- Actively participate in improving QA processes, procedures, and implementing best practices
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience with BI/ data visualization tools (dashboards and reports)
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Ability to manage business and technical stakeholders effectively
- Desire to 'get under the hood' when it comes to Narrativ's data and tools
- Experience with data analysis in Python or R
- Data Engineering experience is a plus as is experience with DBA's, predictive analysis and GIS/mapping
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.