Senior Data Engineer - Data Architecture at Policygenius (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Data Engineering at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. We are advancing our tech capabilities and learning to leverage our hordes of data to develop innovative machine learning applications. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking analysts like yourself.
Our data engineering team serves Policygenius by delivering tested and quality data & machine learning pipelines. As a product data engineer, you will collaborate closely with analysts, scientists, and other engineers on your team to help your stakeholders across our company solve pressing business problems.
In this role, you will…
- Develop, test, and deploy data pipelines for data ingestion and distribution via streams and/or batches.
- Be responsible for designing, documenting and maintaining a scalable data model in our warehouse.
- Deploy machine learning pipelines into production, leveraging modern MLOps practices
- Work directly in a cross functional data team (engineers, scientists, and analysts) to help solve business problems.
- Mentor and guide other data team members on best practices and processes.
Our tech stack…
- For data work we primarily use SQL, python, BigQuery, and Airflow
- We also use Tableau, Cloud Functions, Terraform, PubSub, and various other GCP stuff
- To keep our sanity, we leverage Github, Kubernetes, Docker, Buildkite, and Helm to name a few
- To communicate, we use Slack, Zoom, and PagerDuty
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Have 4-6 years of relevant experience in software or data engineering developing analytical environments, databases, data models, and/or data pipelines.
- Have a passion for data pipelining, modeling and architecture.
- Can communicate, influence and mentor a team and articulate ideas to both team members and non-technical stakeholders.
- You understand life is not all ML/AI and simple pipelining is often extremely relevant to add business value.
- Are passionate about designing and building performant systems, and technical solutions, for data and analytical problems.
- Embrace a generative culture and excels in rapidly changing/evolving environments.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!