Senior Data Engineer
Knowledge is our product, and data is our platform. We need engineers who look at a data set and want to unlock the answers it holds inside. Engineers who look at a data set and think about how to make sure it is correct. Engineers who look at a data set and want to make infrastructure to help build it better, faster, and stronger.
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with oncologists and statisticians to build software that will help our customers discover novel insights into their data. You will design our data infrastructure, and use it to develop extensible, robust data and analytics pipelines, tools, visualizations, and services for accessible and flexible data analysis. You will learn more than you ever thought possible about how cancer is treated in the real world, and your work will directly support oncology research and publications.
- You hold a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or related field
- You have 2+ years work experience
- You have experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, or C#
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You are inspired by our mission to improve cancer research through technology
- You seek simple approaches to complex problems
- You like science and/ or medicine just because it’s cool
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Have a good understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL
- Have real passion for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- Have developed distributed data processing systems against large, heterogeneous data sets
- Have taken a leading role in delivering complex software systems all the way to production
- You almost decided to go to med school