Senior Data Engineer
- Build the data warehouse from ground up by evaluating and implementing best in class technologies
- Architect and implement the ETL process to centralize the data in one location
- Set up and manage business intelligence solutions as part of the data warehouse
- Develop and deploy data platform tools that enable the analytics teams to move faster and build better products
- Collaborate with analytics, engineering and dev ops team to establish the best practices in ETL deployment
- Own and define what you work on and have a significant voice in decision making
- Partner with clients’ data teams to give them secure access to their data
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building data lakes, ETL pipelines, and organizing/cleaning data for analytics
- Strong understanding of SQL, experience with key databases such as Snowflake/Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Understanding of data modeling best practices - Star Schemas, Kimball, etc.
- Experience building and scaling non-relational databases, preferably MongoDB
- Experience working with large datasets and building data pipelines from cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience implementing business intelligence solutiuons such as Tableau, Looker, Domo.
- Experience building data platform tools with python in collaboration with data science or machine learning teams.
- Experience implementing workflow management tools such as Rundeck, Airflow etc.
- Experience building technology and products in a rapidly growing company and knowledge of how to navigate the growing pains of rapid growth
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded and enjoy problem solving
- You care about serving customers and delivering a great product
- You pay attention to the details and have good communication skills
- You love data and have a passion to build stable, scalable, and secure infrastructure
- You have good interpersonal skills, are diligent, and are self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a high-paced environment
- You are quick on your feet and not scared to fill in the gaps when necessary
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle and eliminates dependence on paper for financial services and insurance companies. The company’s patent-pending technology uses AI and machine transcription for risk assessment and digitization, utilizing each client’s existing product and underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client onboarding and servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months – unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use and streamlined front-end agent and consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs and eliminates errors, while accelerating sales and business growth.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules and deploy products/applications seamlessly and effortlessly without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way insurance and financial companies are able to operate.