Senior Data Engineer
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
Blink Engineering strives to build trusted, highly observable, data-driven products to bring affordable, accessible healthcare to all Americans. We understand healthcare is the most complex system most of us will ever fix. This role is central to building and executing on a robust and forward-looking data strategy for the company, and the successful candidate blends top-tier software engineering expertise with the ability to look ahead at what we need to build for the future.
As the senior software engineer for data, you will be a thought leader within the data engineering team that is designing and building our next generation of data tools and frameworks, in addition to developing and maintaining data products and infrastructure. You will proactively assess production DW support trends to determine and implement short- and long-term solutions, and be able to design for data integrity, reliability, and performance. You will set a high bar for clean and correct code, setting code standards, and performing peer code and architecture reviews.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Proactively assess production DW support trends to determine and implement short- and long-term solutions, and be able to design for data integrity, reliability, and performance.
- Set a high bar for clean and correct code, setting code standards, and performing peer code and architecture reviews.
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Be a thought leader within the data engineering team that is designing and building our next generation of data tools and frameworks,
- Develop and maintain data products and infrastructure.
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- You have 6+ years hands-on experience and demonstrated strength with:
- Python, building data pipelines, and managing data at multiple companies.
- Writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- Building and maintaining robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python and Spark.
- Designing and maintaining columnar databases (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake)
- Distributed data processing (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- ETL with batch (Data Pipeline) and streaming (Kinesis, Airflow)
- Integration and design for Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, QuickSight)
- Creating scalable data models for analytics.
- You have experience designing and refactoring large enterprise data warehouses and associated ETLs, with continuous improvement examples for automation and simplification across all aspects of the DW environment, inclusive of both engineering and business reporting.
- Experience owning features from design through delivery along with ongoing support.
- Proven success with communicating effectively across diverse disciplines (including product engineering, infrastructure, analytics, data science, finance, marketing, customer support, etc.) to collect requirements and describe data engineering strategy and decisions.
- Experience providing clear data engineering technical leadership, mentoring, and best practices for data management and quality within and across teams.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science
- Healthcare-relevant company experience as part of the required experience above, with demonstrated industry knowledge of handling sensitive information.
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.