We're looking for a Senior Data Insights Engineer to join our Data Insights team and help accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you will do
Data Insights is a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering, prototyping and launching new data products. As a Senior Data Insights Engineer on this team, you will define data strategy, drive technical execution, and help us create the next generation of our real-world evidence data products.
In this role you’ll be embedded within Flatiron’s cross-functional Research Data Platforms business line, which is responsible for building tools, services, and applications that enable Flatiron to develop and deliver products at a rapid pace. Specifically, this role will support the development of multiple tools and applications which seek to democratize data exploration and product discovery, as well as improve how data flows through our underlying infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for enhancements to the clinical data that our products are built on top of. You’ll work cross-functionally with product managers and software engineers to develop our product roadmap and implement innovative solutions to improve the efficiency, scalability, and quality of Flatiron's product offerings. In addition, you’ll also:
- Interface with internal business leaders to understand the end-to-end product lifecycle of various business lines
- Gain exposure to all aspects of the application development cycle, applying a wide range of skills (including user research, data pipeline development, data analysis, algorithm development, and frontend/backend app development) as you support these efforts.
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
Who You Are
You are entrepreneurial, customer focused, and passionate about using data to drive technological innovation. You are excited by the prospect of tackling meaningful problems within a complex ecosystem each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have 2+ years of industry experience developing data pipelines and performing data analysis.
- You have experience with Python and SQL.
- You are value-oriented and practical in how you apply data to problems, and understand what it takes to build sustainable products at scale
- You exemplify Flatiron values and are eager to be a cultural champion for them: you are vocally self-critical, willing to sit on the floor, and focused on solving problems that matter
- You have experience with front end and/or back end application development.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.