Senior Data Scientist, Trials Enablement at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Insights Engineering team and help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Data Insights Engineering is a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering and understanding customer needs, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on data products. As a Senior Data Scientist on this team, you will work with cross-functional leads to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space with a high degree of autonomy. You will synthesize user feedback and data to help guide the team’s product roadmap and lead the technical development effort for data products and analytics tools.
You will be embedded within our Trials Enablement team. This team is building a tech-enabled clinical research platform to power faster, more accessible clinical trials. Working cross-functionally with software engineers, clinical oncologists, and product managers and designers, you will train machine learning models to find rare cohorts of eligible patients, design experiments to measure the impact of our product, and build data pipelines that bring these capabilities to new patients. This is a rapidly growing area of the company, and you will have the opportunity to apply a broad spectrum of data science and engineering skills to solve new challenges as we discover them. In addition, you'll also:
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
- Be responsible for taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production data products
- Apply a wide range of machine learning techniques to develop new approaches to increasing patient participation and diversity in clinical trials
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial, customer-focused data scientist, experienced in driving new data capabilities. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience including experience in applied machine learning
- You have led large, cross-functional initiatives and excel at influencing decision-making without authority
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control and SQL, Python, and/or R
- You have experience in a broad spectrum of techniques from data science and machine learning and are excited to apply them to solve complex clinical or business problems
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience in clinical trial analytics/operations
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.