Senior Data Scientist at JW Player
JW Player powers billions of video plays every week across a wide spanning web of broadcasters and video publishers with a diverse set of audiences and content types. Leveraging the vast stream of data sent by our flagship player, the Data Science team works in close collaboration with adjacent teams to improve our existing products, drive sound decision making, and develop new data products that bring value to our customers in both the video publishing and video advertising spaces. We iterate quickly, conduct frequent experiments, and seek to be data driven in everything we do.
As a Data Scientist at JW Player, you will be joining a collaborative, creative, multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and data analysts responsible for research and development, product analytics, and running production machine learning models that make tens of millions of predictions every day.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Develop and support predictive models used millions of times daily
- Leverage data to research, envision, and implement improvements to JW products
- Envision and define requirements for new data sources
- Work with engineers to envision and build end to end solutions
- Work with Product Managers to answer key questions about JW Player products
- Plan, execute, and analyze controlled experiments
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Democratize data by building and sharing tools and dashboards
- Provide expertise on machine learning concepts for the broader Data Team and inspire the adoption of data science across the entire breadth of our organization
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience of bringing data science products into production
- An advanced degree in an analytical field such as (but not limited to!) statistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, engineering, natural sciences, economics
- Fluency in Python and libraries such as pandas, numpy, scipy, & scikitlearn
- Strong knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning
- High proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Strong data visualization skills
- Good organization skills, ability to lead multidisciplinary projects
- A strong ability to tell stories with data, including for non-technical audiences
- Strong business knowledge
- Experience building analytics pipelines with tools like Airflow and/or dbt
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow
- Experience with Looker
- Knowledge of video, video advertising
- Familiarity with big data tools like Spark and Presto
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetise their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.