Senior Data Scientist at Rokt (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, UrbanStems, GoDaddy, Vistaprint and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that are using Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2021 Series E raise of USD$325M, Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With more than 50% year on year revenue growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: Smart with Humility, Conquer New Frontiers, Own the Outcomes, Enjoy the Ride, Force for Good, Raise the Bar, Communicate with Impact, and Disagree then Commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
Rokt is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing Analytics team. We are a data driven company, and data is at the heart of all of our decision making. We are looking for someone who will help the business innovate and grow through comprehensive and actionable data driven insights and modeling. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a key role in helping Product and GTM teams enhance the value they create for our partners and advertisers through models, understand partner, customer and advertiser behavior and help stakeholder teams build better products as well as help GTM teams improve processes. You will influence teams with your analyses, models and recommendations. You will be expected to leverage your business acumen, analytical skill and communication to drive a variety of impactful initiatives across Product and GTM teams. You will also be expected to own and develop predictive models and causal inference frameworks to explain marketplace health, understand true advertiser contribution, perform simulations, and drive a data-driven culture to enable prudent decision making. An ideal candidate will develop models that scale, produce accurate and statistically robust analyses, and communicate in a way that makes analyses and models easy to interpret by Product, Engineering, and GTM teams.
- Partner with GTM and Engineering teams through modeling and advanced analytics to aid in decision making
- Build models that enable Product and GTM teams to make informed decisions
- Develop predictive models such as Advertiser Churn models and be able to explain the output of those models
- Analyze the reasons behind A/B experiment performance
- Build scoring models to measure the health of the Rokt marketplace
- Architect models that help us gauge the impact of each advertiser on our platform
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and analyses
- Develop inference models to evaluate causal relationships between customers and actions taken
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional stakeholders and help make data-informed product decisions.
- Develop a vision and proactive plan to add value to our stakeholder groups
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science or an equivalent quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Deep SQL skills and proficiency in working with big data and ETL management
- Proficient in R/Python, Spark, AWS, and Cloud Computing
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, and comfortable with breaking down ambiguous problems into quantitative solutions
- Passion for extracting actionable insights that move the business forward
- Good business acumen and communication skills
- Experience with developing and iterating on models autonomously
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Team player who positively contributes to the culture of the Analytics team and Rokt
- PHD in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience in Data Science
- 3+ years of experience analyzing ecommerce data
- Familiar with data mining and data engineering
- Deep experience with Python/R, Spark, AWS, Cloud Computing, and ETLs
- Experience communicating results and business impact of models and analytical deep dives to senior leadership
- Familiarity with econometric methods
- Understanding of auction theory is a plus
- Safety is our highest priority. We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all Rokt’stars and anyone else who will be onsite at the Rokt NYC office–clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers–to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We set a high bar because we have a high-performing and high-velocity culture where we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the greatest things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through social groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch every day and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family. And our NYC office is dog-friendly!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities: New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, Tokyo.
- Get the best of both worlds with a hybrid workplace. We currently work 4 days a week in office, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds (please note: this is subject to change based on the needs of the business and some support roles still require a full-time presence). One week per quarter, you also have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Compensation: $185,000-$230,000 + equity