Data Science at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. We are advancing our tech capabilities and learning to leverage our hordes of data to develop innovative machine learning applications. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking analytics managers like yourself.
Our data team serves Policygenius through data engineering, data analysis, and data science. Our goal is to help uncover opportunities and make decisions with data. We partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing and numerous stakeholders across the company to develop deeper predictors of behavior and build solutions to optimize our internal and external experiences.
In this role, you will…
- Own the analytical roadmap for product analytics
- Lead a team of data analysts and drive a data centric approach to product analytics
- Uncover opportunities for data science models and solutions and partner with the data team on prioritizing these opportunities
- Own the analytics agile process and empower your team to maintain quality while increasing velocity
- Develop data analysts to be product focused, data experts to drive their teams to new heights through the uncovery of insights.
- Own the test and learn process we use for exploratory data analysis and A/B testing. This includes helping marketers decide on testing strategy, generating baselines, approximating sample sizes and performing analysis of test results
- Work collaboratively with product stakeholders to assist them on the three fronts of analytics: monitoring and measurement, research, and experimentation
- While you will be managing people and building a roadmap, you should still be able to roll up your sleeves and solve data problems using tools such as R and Python
- Drive analytical projects such as segmentation and personalization to drive revenue generation.
- Mine and connect many large and disparate data sources using our databases, SQL, and other unstructured data repositories and surfacing opportunities for improving the data model
- Help our teams move beyond visualizations and utilize inferential and causal modeling to uncover deeper trends from a quantitative perspective, and design and test interventions
- Evaluate and champion new analytical software platforms that help us move faster and scale our team
- Partner with analysts and product teams on process to reduce the cost of research and insights and use data to make more decisions and optimize
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 9+ years of analytics experience and have managed a team of 5 or more analysts
- You are comfortable with analytics platforms, but can also code in R or Python and use SQL/relational cloud databases
- You understand statistics and base models such as linear and logistic regression and possibly segmentation methods and have some familiarity with other techniques such as time series analysis, outlier and anomaly detection, categorical data analysis and more!
- You are aware of product analytics techniques such as funnel analysis, segmentation, user journey analysis
- You are familiar with consumer facing product metrics such as CAC, CPA, conversion rate, LTV
- You have experience working in a consumer facing business and partnering with a product team, focusing on analyzing data centered around user behavior
- You have a background in math, statistics, computer science, business, marketing, strategy or another scientific or business field
- You can communicate with a team and articulate ideas to both team members and non-technical stakeholders
- You have a drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- You have experience with relational cloud databases like Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, but also comfortable working with unstructured files and datasets as well as 3rd party data sources and vendors
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!