Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Senior Director of Data will provide leadership, management, and technical vision for the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams at Spring Health. This includes: enabling the team to develop expertise on mental health data and modeling them to extract and model actionable insights, balancing cross-functional data use cases across the org, and scaling the team through our period of high revenue and member growth.
What you’ll be doing (Key Responsibilities)
- Manage the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams, ensuring that the both teams culture, hiring standards, and processes match our high expectations and are continually iterated upon to create the best possible work environment
- Develop the vision and strategy for data solutions at Spring Health in partnership with senior leadership
- Proactively help different functional teams to understand data and analysis requirements, plan solutions to meet these needs, and oversee the execution of these projects
- Champion a culture of broad access to data and autonomy in obtaining answers by prioritizing dashboards and other tools that allow stakeholders to extract, analyze, and visualize company data easier and faster
- Translate strategic plans and roadmaps into operational budgets, and manage personnel, projects, infrastructure, and vendors accordingly
- Establish and champion a culture and practice of sustainable process, documentation, data orientation, data quality, and best practices guidance
- Foster a culture of experiments and determine appropriate statistical approaches to answer specific data science, product, clinical, or business questions
- Continue to hire, develop, and lead a talented, diverse, inclusive, and empathic data team
What we expect from you
- 8+ years of experience manipulating, analyzing, using and explaining data in a professional environment, with increasing responsibility during this period
- 4+ years of management experience (or experience managing managers)
- At ease with ambiguity and experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A strong track record of recruiting, hiring, and managing data analysts, data scientists, and/or data engineers for performance and teamwork
- A track record of delivering big projects or critical business outcomes
- Proven ability to leverage business intelligence tools to foster access to data and drive better decision making across organizations
- Proven ability to influence and advise senior stakeholders, coupled with the ability to bring people together on teams and collaborate on projects
- Experience with tools/technologies we use every day (Snowflake, AWS, Postgres, Stitch, DBT, Looker, R, RStudio Connect/Server, SQL), or clear understanding of best-in-class alternatives
- Proven passion and talent for teaching and coaching
- Experience working with sensitive / regulated data, implementing the proper security and privacy controls
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change LivesWe build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will WinWe will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know."
Read Full Job Description