Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Talkspace
At Talkspace, we’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer to help drive growth by finding new ways to identify those who can benefit from convenient and affordable behavioral health care. The person filling this role will be responsible for improving our user acquisition efficiency by developing algorithms and heuristics that analyze our data to optimize our targeted advertising. We are looking for an innovator with experience building machine learning-based systems in the marketing domain and who wants to drive the entire process: working with marketers to define requirements, feature engineering and model development for lifetime value modeling, churn prediction, budget allocation, and bid optimization, and implementation of an end-to-end marketing automation system.
Who you are
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are passionate about data and can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to discuss requirements, design, and expectations.
- You have a strong technical foundation in machine learning and statistics, along with first-rate Python skills.
- You are excited about learning new tools/approaches that aren’t already a part of your toolkit.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You care more about getting things done than dabbling with complicated techniques that add minimal additional value.
What you’ll do
As a part of the Data Science team, you will work closely with other Data Scientists, Product, and Marketing experts, as well as independently, to build and evolve our marketing automation capabilities allowing us to scale our customer acquisition strategies effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining churn prediction, LTV, budget allocation, and bid optimization models
- Designing and building ML infrastructure to support marketing automation, including data connectors, ML monitoring, AB testing, etc.
- Collaborating with other data scientists to understand customer behavior and engagement patterns that impact acquisition strategy
- Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science or an Engineering-related discipline
- Experience with machine learning for digital marketing, preferably for a subscription-based business
- 3+ years of work experience developing and deploying production-quality code
- Foundational knowledge of commonly used machine learning techniques, such as cluster analysis, classification methods, and linear and nonlinear regression modeling
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and strength with queries and tables
- Deep engineering experience with Python coding, including with Python data science libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Scikit-learn, and Keras
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS), REST Interfaces
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with natural language processing techniques
- Exposure to deep learning using PyTorch
- Knowledge of survival modeling and Markov models
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.