Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer at Paige
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
Paige is the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product.
We’re seeking an Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer to join us. In this role you’ll join a team of world-leading experts in machine learning, computer vision and pathology. You’ll be part of the team that builds solutions for pathologists, clinicians and researchers to accelerate and improve the accuracy of cancer detection, classification and staging. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
- Implement and assess state of the art deep learning algorithms for computer vision tasks while applying software engineering best practices.
- Work closely with AI Scientists to plan, develop, train and test machine learning models for the purposes of computational pathology.
- Validate and test deep learning models on large scale clinical pathology image data.
- Optimize algorithms for efficiency, speed, and usability.
- Extensive experience working in a team implementing and evaluating deep neural networks, especially for computer vision tasks.
- Extensive experience in Python development.
- Extensive experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
- Experience with design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience implementing algorithms published in technical papers.
- Experience with parallelization, threading and concurrency problems.
- Experience with distributed systems and HPC distributed setups.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- You are authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship in the futur