Senior Manager, Analytics at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking a Senior Manager, Analytics to partner with our Sales and Operations function to drive data focused business strategies.
This individual will act as a key stakeholder on our broader strategy & operations team, partnering closely with cross-functional leadership to build, manage and scale strategic operations.This individual will play an integral role in shaping the business strategy for the ever-evolving revenue generating side of our business.
Our team values strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen and solution focused mentality. We use our technical capabilities, data insights and KPI dashboards to drive strategic decisions across different functions. Enabling our sales and operation team to make strategic and innovative decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with key stakeholders in Sales and Operations to solve business problems via data driven insights
- Lead the creation and execution of key KPI dashboards
- Perform data deep dives and root cause analysis on issues that arise to determine how operational processes can be improved
- Work with functional leaders to implement recommendations on strategy by leveraging data to identify opportunities
- Audit existing processes to ensure they are working properly as our business evolves
- Mentor and develop associates on the team for analytical tools, techniques and strategic problem solving
- Strong international experience, managing direct report and offshore team
- You have 8-10 years of analytics experience
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record in successfully coaching and developing direct reports. Along with building strong performing global teams
- Thought partnership: You are a strategist with an innovative approach. You’re dedicated to the business and identifying ways to drive large scale impact.
- Skill Sets & Behavioral Traits:
- Problem Solving: Our ideal candidate has the ability to structure problems, conduct analysis and synthesize insights. We’re looking for a thought leader who can own and refine a perspective to drive solutions.
- Execution: Our ideal candidate is action oriented with the ability to develop and manage end-to-end project plans and assume ownership of implementation
- Communication & Collaboration: You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to partner cross functionally to drive large scale initiatives
- You are highly adaptable and able to thrive in ambiguous environments
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling and presentation skills
- You prioritize multiple projects with ease while maintaining stakeholder expectations
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.