Senior Manager, Market Operations Analytics at DoorDash
The Analytics team is looking for a leader to develop strategies & insights that drive operational excellence in all of our regions across North America. Your team will be responsible for understanding the drivers of growth at the market level and you will develop analyses that identify trends and opportunities to unlock new sources of business growth. We are looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast, work cross-functionally, and take insights into action.
The ideal candidate will have experience scaling a team, working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. We’re looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, and the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action.
What you’ll do
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Conduct deep-dives to build & execute improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Collect, process, and clean data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through our operations teams
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Mentor and guide junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods to solve problems
- Drive company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data sets and reporting tables to facilitate exploratory analysis
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics, consulting, or other quantitative role
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Exceptional business and communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a plus
- Self-starter attitude. You’re someone who can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 1,000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.