Senior Merchandising Analyst at Casper
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Merchandising Senior Analyst is responsible for the regular analysis and reporting of Casper’s product performance in the mattress and pillow category. Reporting to the Director Product Management Mattress & Pillow, you will optimize the performance of Casper’s innovative product offering. Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Perform assortment analysis and provide recommendations for assortment changes and improvements to maximize sales
- Perform sell-through analysis by channel and SKU in partnership with Planning to develop current pipeline and successfully launch new products within the category
- Perform pricing analysis and margin reviews to optimize pricing strategy
- Perform market trend research relating to competitors and analysis to identify opportunities for the category, by SKU
- Prepare and organize materials for key meetings (Pipeline and Monthly Business Review)
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage ad hoc business analysis, product performance analysis, and new product initiatives
- Develop templates for product and merchandising team to provide consistent, accurate information within the category
- Work closely with peers in the product and planning team to prepare materials for cross-functional meetings
Our dream candidate has…
- 4-8 years experience as a product analyst, merchandising analyst, or other related roles
- Fluency in excel, ppt, google suite. Experience developing strategy decks
- An analytical, inquisitive mind. You’re a self-starter who learns quickly
- Agility and comfort in working in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
The syrup on your waffles
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!