Senior Stock Plan Analyst at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:51 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Stock Plan Analyst who will be responsible for the administration of our global equity plans, including global and SOX compliance in accordance with Veeva policies and governing rules and regulations. The ideal candidate will be a team player, who can provide careful work product with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
We are open to applicants located anywhere in the US. This is a remote position.
What You'll Do
- Assist with administering Veeva’s equity programs and ensure that all equity transactions are accurately processed and settled within established timeframes including cross-border tax calculations with an external third-party tax advisor
- Complete scheduled and ad-hoc global reporting to meet internal and external compliance requirements including but not limited to analysis of country reporting obligations, 6039 ISO reporting, and payroll reporting
- Complete appropriate analysis and modeling as it pertains to BOD meetings, audit requests, annual global payroll reporting obligations, and/or cross-functional requests
- Prepare equity grant paperwork for approval, process new equity grants, and distribute online grant agreements
- Assist with maintaining database integrity, and ensure the accuracy of record-keeping of employee and equity data in the stock administration system
- Provide excellent customer service to equity participants at all levels and respond quickly to employee questions in a courteous manner
- Generate recurring reports and respond timely to ad hoc requests from business partners
- Assist with processing daily stock option exercises, Rule 10b5-1 trading plan transactions and RSU releases, ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting in compliance with governing rules and regulations, SOX controls, stock plan documentation, and Veeva policies
- Assist with reviewing and/or preparing and filing Section 16 filings (e.g., Form 4s) for Section 16 officers and Directors
- Process Class B to Class A common stock conversions as needed
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation of shares outstanding for Class A and Class B shares
- Complete required Leave of Absence (LOA) updates in the stock administration system
- Assist with proxy preparation
- Assist with annual APR grant process
- Assist with annual external auditor walkthrough preparation and completion
- Assisting and/or manage projects within stock plan administration including stock plan vendor and HMC implementations, annual 6039 reporting and filings, communication and education rollouts, etc.
- 4+ years stock administration experience or equivalent experience in a multi-national, publicly-traded company
- Experience with equity and HCM administration systems
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP), Exam Level 1 (or higher)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and detailed knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation including cross-border taxation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly mindset with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with E*TRADE’s Equity Edge Online
- Experience with Section 16 filings
- Experience with a dual-class stock structure
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]