New York, NY
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
Software Architect for a mentoring HO position as an integral member of our newly formed architects’ team. We are a data and analytics company for digital media, tracking ads for companies. Our platform utilizes a wide range of strategies to ingest billions of events per day from different sources, apply our business logic, and make the data available for consumption and reporting. To achieve this goal you will guide and collaborate with a talented, curious and highly motivated group of engineers and engineering leads.
What you’ll do
- Architect, design, and build distributed systems processing and applying business logic for Big Data workloads, serve thousands of clients and support advanced analytics
- Constantly review code, look for design breaches, provide meaningful and relevant feedback to developers, stay up-to-date with system changes
- Collaborate with multiple cross-disciplinary teams and provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching to engineers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and pair-programming
- Define and advocate for technical standards of CI/CD, quality, monitoring, security, modifiability, extensibility and maintainability of data processing software
- Act as a technology trailblazer - evaluate new technologies, frameworks, tools, and methodologies, conduct PoCs and make recommendations to engineering management. Spread the knowledge by training the engineering staff.
- Create documentation, flow charts, and diagrams that record systems behavior, data flows, etc. with the purpose of serving as a reference for new team members, auditors, etc.
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in building and operating mission-critical data-intensive and distributed systems
- 5+ hands-on experience with Scala/Java/.Net/Python development
- 2+ year serving as a technical lead or as an engineering manager
- Ability to Architect and Design complex software systems while adhering to fundamental principles and best practices
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with large scale systems and Big Data
- Fluent in SQL and data analysis
- Experience with following and advocating state of the art SDLC processes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or other related fields