Software Engineer (Data Team)
Quovo is a data platform providing insights and connectivity for millions of financial accounts across thousands of institutions. Today, hundreds of platforms and millions of end-users rely on Quovo's technology for account aggregation, bank authentication, and ongoing insights to build better financial futures.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who can leverage their strong experience with Python, distributed systems and database engineering. As a member on our Data Team you will be responsible for ETL and database work, efficiently parsing and storing data from thousands of financial institutions. You will manage the infrastructure and code base that processes data relating to millions of financial accounts each day. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with the Data Scientists on our team to develop machine learning pipelines to solve large scale classification, clustering, and natural language processing tasks using financial data. The Data Team sits at the center of our engineering org, and this role will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on Quovo’s value proposition.
- Build and enhance the ETL codebase for added efficiency and capacity.
- Work with the Data Extraction and Data Science engineers on normalization and analytics processes.
- Help develop and scale machine learning pipelines to provide predictive capabilities as a layer on top of Quovo’s data.
- Monitor key infrastructure components such as databases, SFTP servers, and other parts of the stack.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ETL and/or other “Big Data” processes.
- Experience writing production code in Python (ideally in the context of data processing or data science).
- Strong SQL experience, ideally with PostgreSQL or MSSQL and batch loading processes.
- 2-6 years of engineering experience in a professional environment, but skill fit is a higher priority to us than just work experience.
- Experience with Docker and with AWS services such as S3, RDS, Redshift and ECS is a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Able to work across multiple teams and discuss technical concepts to business development, operations, and other engineers