We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager on our ML Platforms team who is passionate about helping us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you'll do:
Our team of ML Platform software engineers own and operate a robust machine learning platform that combines the latest machine learning industry practices with engineering excellence. In this role, you will lead talented software engineers to build platforms that satisfy the ever-growing appetite for machine learning within Flatiron Health. The goal of this team is to allow ML engineers to focus on what they are good at - building machine learning models and safely accelerating the process of bringing a model to production. In addition you’ll also:
- Contribute hands-on to our products and infrastructure
- Champion engineering standards
- Develop and mentor engineering talent
- Lead technical planning
- Partner with other tech leads and be comfortable diving into the details to help drive the strategic and tactical roadmap
- Own the team’s deliverables by developing sustainable infrastructure that maximizes product engineering effectiveness
Who you are:
You are a leader who is enthusiastic about mentorship, coaching, and designing elegant solutions to complex problems. You're a dedicated people manager who recognizes that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers. You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture
- You are experienced in leading through influence
- You have a minimum of two years experience managing engineers
- You recognize the value of measuring performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them
- You have led projects involving complex stakeholders
- You are motivated by building positive developer experiences and find it easy to empathize with users
- You have demonstrated success navigating and bringing clarity to interfaces in complex technical ecosystems
You're also excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience in building ML Platforms
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.