Sr. Analyst, Front End (Clickstream Analytics) at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Data Analytics team at Grubhub is responsible for data architecture, instrumentation, and reporting. We own data end-to-end, from architecting and transforming raw data, to serving as the domain and technical experts that translate business needs into beautiful data products. We work in close collaboration with teams across Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing and Design to understand and anticipate the needs of our business and ensure that our data can be utilized to measure the performance and progress of our product features, initiatives, and markets.
You’ll work on key projects alongside our product managers, data scientists, data engineers, and our senior leadership team. These projects add tremendous value to the business and we are looking for a thoughtful, driven, and curious analytics leader to push the business even further.
- Be a key curator of our data. The analytics tags, Hive views, dashboards and reports you will help design will ultimately impact how our stakeholders and broader company; access, understand and utilize our proprietary data set built around structured web event logs and key transactional data
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to ensure upstream changes to our product and business can be captured and integrated into our existing data model, and when needed manage the design and development of additional assets and capabilities
- Design client-side analytics tags and methodologies for tag documentation, testing protocols, ensuring data consistency across new and existing analytics tracking
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, marketers, and analysts to craft analytics deliverables and integrate analytics into strategic-minded dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Improve our team workflow through knowledge sharing and documentation around our data.
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of experience as a data analyst
- Bachelor's degree required
- Clear and direct communication skills including the ability to distill and articulate insights and complex technical information with ease
- A strategic and highly analytical mind with demonstrated ability to help stakeholders set measurement objectives and craft key performance indicators to better understand user behavior.
- Experience mining data, writing performant SQL and leveraging business intelligence tools - we utilize Presto, Redash and Tableau
- Experience or interest in working with web analytics tags and designing data tables - creating requirements, QAing, debugging, and drawing insights from these sources
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A track record of accountability and working autonomously with strong organizational and time management skills
- A great team player with a strong value system, unquestioned integrity and solid listening skills
- Inspired by our mission to deliver food happiness
- You have deep experience building data products and systems around large volumes of structured web event data, including; data collection, data warehousing and data architecture
- You have domain expertise in digital commerce working with session and user behavioral data
- You are skilled in data visualization and synthesizing complex concepts into digestible reports and dashboards
- You have experience with A/B Testing methodologies, experiment design and segmentation
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]