Sr Data Analyst
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
As a Senior Data Analyst at Simon, you will work across the organization to generate the data and analysis needed to make the best decisions as we grow and innovate. You’ll be responsible for pushing the business forward based on insights derived from your deep understanding of our data and operations. You’ll have exposure to our executives with the opportunity to learn from their industry leading experience.
You are someone who’s curious and passionate about establishing and measuring metrics/KPIs and using data to answer a hypothesis instead of “gut-feel”. You care deeply about your work and always seek to grow your knowledge and skills.What You’ll Do
- Analyze and transform data in order to derive meaningful insights for internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain Looker dashboards, looks and models to deliver insights
- Build out dbt and Looker models to incorporate new data fields or sources
- Partner with data engineering to ingest new data sources and maintain current data pipes
- Assist in building out training program for Looker for end users to be self-sufficient
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in SQL (LookML is a plus)
- Experience with Snowflake, Looker, and dbt is a plus.
- Excellent communication of insights and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth attitude: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.