Sr. Data Engineer - Research Science
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with data scientists to design and implement scalable data architectures to power machine learning solutions for a wide variety of applications
- Design, build, and maintain processes and components of ETL pipelines to support data warehousing and analytics (from requirements to data transformation, data modeling, metric definition, reporting, etc); help define standards and best practices for enterprise use
- Thread business requirements through our state-of-the-art data and tech stacks.
- Analyze data to measure impacts of data schema and use it to iterate on improvements
- Focus on data quality - detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root cause, and implement fixes and data audits to prevent/capture such issues
- Translate data modeling needs into enterprise data pipelines and ETL processes
You Should Have
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in data warehousing/ETL and/or big data pipeline & processing environments
- Bachelors in Technology, Science or Math degree, or equivalent software engineering credentials
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong data modeling and SQL experience
- Strong programming experience with Python, Scala or Java
- Experience with big data processing technologies (Spark, Hive, Hadoop/MapReduce, etc)
- Experience working within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem (S3, EC2, EMR, etc)
- Effective coding, documentation and communication habits
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.