Strategist at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our Strategy Team is the sales strategy and enablement arm of the Sales organization. Strategists are internal consultative resources enabling the Business Development (BDs) Team to identify and drive forward prospective business and surface incremental revenue.
The Senior Manager, Strategy will lead a small agile team of Senior Strategists/Strategists. You will be responsible for developing and executing revenue driving initiatives in partnership with Sales. You are passionate about storytelling and can put together strong, coherent narratives; you can also coach the team to become effective storytellers. You will become an expert in all aspects of TTD’s platform, including capabilities, product features, and positioning in broader advertising technology (AdTech) marketplace. With that expertise, you will be responsible for owning the creation of sales collateral that explains technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. You are a strategic thinker, proactive, detail-oriented and data-driven with an eye for curating client-facing materials. You lead by example and enjoy coaching using effective feedback, guidance and mentorship. You are able to thrive in a dynamic, challenging environment and play a key role to sales leadership and BDs. You have a real passion for AdTech, big data, and playing an instrumental role in the future of advertising.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Sales, including Regional Leadership, to develop and execute strategic and revenue driving initiatives
- Review RFI proposals to ensure accurate and customized responses, giving The Trade Desk the best chance at winning opportunities
- Manage and coach the team on the creation of top-notch media plans, pitches and other client-facing materials
- Anticipate the Sales team’s need for content and intel by regularly meeting with BDs to understand their needs and challenges
- Become an internal consultative resource to Sales by understanding agency/advertiser challenges, regional/vertical/competitor dynamics, and The Trade Desk’s positioning
- Continue to support the growth of the Strategy Team with hiring, onboarding, and training new Strategists
- At least 3-6 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other digital advertising company)
- Experience leading small teams including demonstrated ability to successfully manage and coach team members
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. required; comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Strong relationship management skills, previous experience in building consensus across peers and leadership
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, and tactically; formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner, utilizing a data-driven approach
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player who leads discussions; share best practices and knowledge with others
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce deliverables that are exceptional
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.