VP, Analytics at Rent the Runway
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Position:
This is one of the critical leadership roles at RTR, a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all analytics efforts across the business - consumer/website, customer service, inventory and operations. You will build and manage a team of analysts who have technical savvy and the ability to understand how their work drives business results. You will partner with C-level executives and the rest of senior leadership to shape and support our strategy with quantitative insights, and ensure the whole organization makes data driven decisions. You posses the rare ability to understand data deeply AND be able to explain it clearly in non-technical terms. While you might not have direct experience managing end-to-end analytics for a consumer company with a complex supply chain, you must have the deep intellectual curiosity and work ethic to dig in and learn.
- Build a robust analytics organization with strong functional expertise and influence. Foster a supportive learning environment with high retention by building trust and encouraging openness across the team
- Lead the team to drive company-level data strategies and maximize business impact, working cross-functionally to identify growth and ROI-driving opportunities
- Weigh in on the development of key performance indicators for the organization
- Actively propose business initiatives based on findings of the analytics team
- Perform in-depth analysis, including augmenting our data, to collaborate with leadership and inform strategy for the organization
- Effectively communicate and 'translate' quantitative findings (storytelling with data)
- Accountable for the quality of data analytics for high-priority cross-functional projects at RTR. Staffing these projects to enable a data-driven decision making process.
- Partner with data science team to leverage their production models for ad hoc analysis based on business needs
- Train other teams across RTR on how to self-serve for business-as-usual analysis
- Bachelors in a quantitative field and 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with a background in some combination of ecommerce analytics, marketing and/or growth analytics, supply chain analytics, and demand forecasting and at least 3+ years of managing a team of analysts and/or data scientists; Master's degree a plus
- Strong understanding of data management tools, including SQL, Python, and R
- Experience in a subscription business is a plus
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dig into any problem in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong ability to understand business priorities, recognize leverage in analytics projects, and prioritize appropriately
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!