VP of Data Science and Machine Learning at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced VP of Data Science to join our Analytics team who believes, as we do, that digital therapy provides an unprecedented opportunity to improve mental health through data science and machine learning. This person needs to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Manage the Data Science, Data Engineering, and Machine Learning teams, ensuring that the team’s culture, hiring standards, and HR policies match our high expectations and are continually iterated upon to create the best possible work environment
- Develop the Data Science vision for the company and oversee its adoption across all departments
- Extract and transform data from existing data stores; perform critical analyses, manipulate data, and draw insights from large data sets
- Support business objectives through statistical modeling
- Own the project end-to-end including defining the project objectives and KPIs; collecting and cleaning the data; training, tuning and selecting the model; presenting results and consulting with stakeholders; and, if applicable, deploying the model to production.
- Effectively communicate with different functional teams to understand data and analysis requirements
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience manipulating and analyzing data in a professional environment using Python and SQL
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.