Associate Designer at Compass
If you’re passionate about graphic design, an enthusiastic learner, and can execute across a wide range of work, this is an opportunity for you to do so at a fast growing startup. This role is responsible for shaping the quality of creative and marketing work for Compass Agents in one of our biggest and most important markets, New York (Includes Manhattan, Brooklyn, LIC, Westchester and Greenwich). The NY team owns all of the work for the market including agent work, brand communication, advertising, social and beyond.
At Compass You Will:
- Collaborate with the NY Marketing Team and National Creative Team to marry business objectives with exciting design that provide impact for the client.
- Work closely with the Production team to deliver projects on time and successfully delivering on briefs
- Join a team of enthusiastic Designers, Art directors and Design Managers that works across branding, print, signage, events, environmental, motion, advertising, video—while learning new design skills that can help you deliver value to every project
- Gain client-service experience
- Influence the national style guide by applying and adapting it for the NY region and helping deliver insights to teams around the country
What We're Looking For:
- A portfolio that demonstrates thoughtful concepts, a passion for simplicity, exceptional attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and curious personality who is always learning and improving
- Process-driven: both following existing processes and proactive in developing newer processes to make work faster and better.
- Comfortable with client services: ability to speak not just passionately about design and creativity, but also plainly to those who are inexperienced
- Enjoy the process of getting and giving feedback from both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to learn from mistakes and misfires and come back stronger for it
- Passionate about collaborating with other designers
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from ideation to completion which includes being able to prepare files for print
- 0-3 years of experience in graphic design
- Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Currently authorized to work in the United States
The Marketing & Creative team at Compass is responsible for shaping every aspect of the company, including the brand, the product, and all marketing and communications. We value great brands and believe design and creative culture to be an important part of the Compass mission and business success of our agents and the company.
This is a sweeping challenge that provides an incredible opportunity to work with various mediums and on many different types of projects. We’re building an organization and products that can provide the best possible services to a growing network of the world’s best agents. Visit our instagram channel @compasscreates