We’re looking for an Associate Product Designer to join our team in New York. As an Associate Product Designer at BuzzFeed you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects — from internal tooling to launching experiences for our consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed site or the Tasty app.
The Product Design team at BuzzFeed is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, at times on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery and A/B experiment definition, design and analysis. You can read more about our recruiting practices and our role documentation on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
On the BuzzFeed Product Design team, we care deeply about building a diverse team, and then supporting every team member in their career and skill growth. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work.
BuzzFeed does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we're more than happy to accommodate and make the interview process better for you.
- Executing all aspects of design including UX design, visual design and prototyping
- Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to help shape strategic decisions about your team’s roadmap
- Fostering a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
- Soliciting direct and impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, and cross-discipline team; providing direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team
- Partnering with the User Research Working Group and Data Science team to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project and make changes based on data analysis
- You have some experience designing products and features for web and/or apps, which could include internships, full-time employment, and/or freelance work.
- You are able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback.
- You are comfortable balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product, and data science.
- In addition to UX skills, you have visual design skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.