Brand Design Lead, Unfold at Squarespace
Unfold, an app that helps anyone create elevated and engaging stories for Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, is now a part of the Squarespace family. Founded with a mission to provide social media templates for digital storytellers, brand design is what Unfold is known for.
We are seeking a Brand Design Lead to join Unfold to help evolve all brand deliverables and oversee the existing team of designers. Brand Design Leads set the vision for projects, and mentor/manage other designers to make sure we’re meeting them. You will help establish story template collections, brand partnership collections, marketing campaigns, social media assets and UI elements. While you often straddle the line between doing the work and leading the work, and directing diverse creative talent, you are most excited to be hands-on and designing. You’re comfortable presenting work to executive leaders and delivering feedback to teams.
You have a portfolio that expresses a familiarity with most of the following: brand identity, marketing campaigns, social assets and web projects. You will report to the Head of Unfold in Squarespace’s New York headquarters.
- 7+ years of experience as a designer at agencies, studios or in-house.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a design-driven organization.
- Experience with steps necessary to take a project from concept to launch.
- Broad awareness of design and technology trends.
- Excellent conceptual, and executional skills.
- Impeccable taste.
- Experience running productions and partnering with video directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators to create on-brand work.
- Mastery in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma and Sketch.
- Experience with InDesign, prototyping tools, 2D and 3D motion, or video editing
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.