Healthcare is hard. At Oscar, we’re here to make it easier. Our team includes people from a broad range of backgrounds who have joined Oscar to make a frustrating system more accessible, transparent, and human. Design is a powerful tool in achieving these goals, helping make complex information more intuitive and easier to understand.
As Brand Designer, you’ll be part of the Brand Marketing team, our rapidly expanding internal creative team whose goal is to bring the Oscar brand to life through integrated campaigns, design, experiential, and other creative content. You’ll join the broader Marketing team in our efforts to grow Oscar, engage and retain our members, and develop positive brand awareness and word-of-mouth referrals.
What is the position?
Brand Designers at Oscar play a pivotal role in effectively communicating the Oscar brand across channels: increase awareness, support acquisition and retention, and ensure the Oscar experience shines through. You will:
- Adapt the Oscar brand system to a variety of audiences and touchpoints.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to concept new and creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply and intuitively.
- Design printed and digital materials that are simple and functional, and infuse each with Oscar’s signature brand.
- Set a high bar for and consistently revisit how the Oscar experience is visually distilled in simple and elegant ways, from infographics to illustrations.
- Contribute to all phases of creative production – from concept to execution – for multi-channel brand campaign.
- Create a look that’s consistent with the Oscar brand while keeping the audience and desired action in mind.
In the first 90 days you will:
Immerse yourself in the world of Oscar and all its audiences, and bring a fresh perspective to how we communicate what sets Oscar apart.
Together with PMMs develop suites of materials for launch and expansion into new markets.
Partner with internal and external creative teams to develop content and creative campaigns for Oscar’s social channels.
Who are you?
- Have at least 3 years experience in brand design, such as illustration, packaging design, type design, and advertising; bonus points if you've worked in a relevant product or technology field.
- Have a keen understanding of how to build and maintain a brand across audiences and channels.
- Are able to balance strong creative with efficiency to meet the needs of an evolving market and Oscar's fast-paced environment. Read: tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Are optimistic, empathic, and enjoy working as a team to reach shared goals.
- Are a strong conceptual thinker and seek opportunities to improve process and evolve creative. Simply put: you're always thinking about ways to make Oscar better through design.
- Are extremely detail oriented, while able to step back and see the bigger picture in your design work.
- Are committed to Oscar's mission and goals, and are excited to tackle every project, however big or small.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.