A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
We're looking for multidisciplinary Communications Designers to join our group of creatives, responsible for upholding Palantir's brand standards and providing solutions for a broad set of design needs across the company. We’re the visual storytellers for branding, marketing, presentations, and events.
Our mandate is broad: you'll create everything from brands for high-profile events to diagrams that explain our technology to videos that tell our most important stories. Along the way, you'll learn new skills that will help you realize your vision, whether that means picking up new software to drive animations or designing a new way to collect feedback.
You'll be joining a rapidly evolving team that touches a wide array of high-profile projects across the company. We're looking for self-starting creatives who can take ownership of their projects and work under tight deadlines in collaboration with team members, project directors, third party vendors, and company leadership. The ideal designer thrives in a dynamic environment, whether that's on site with a customer or in preparation for a meeting of our board of directors.
We're looking for someone who is excited to take an active role in shaping Palantir's developing brand. Designers should be able to demonstrate a variety of creative styles and methodologies, with proven experience and examples from past work.
What We Value
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- Generalist skillset, with a strong graphic design background and a proclivity for typography and layout.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, and comfort with switching mediums and learning new programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including a proven ability to build great relationships, convey and debate design rationale, and iterate quickly with a multifaceted group of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and comfort evaluating a diverse array of artifacts to ensure they're in line with brand standards.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our audience, and develop programs and assets that meet their needs.
- A love of technology. Palantir is an engineering company; we get to work with complex and powerful technological concepts, and help explain them to many kinds of audiences.
- Animation, illustration or experience with 3D a plus.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.