Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Designer at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Design, Marketing, and Product to support an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students.
Teachable is looking for a designer with 3+ years of experience to join our team.
You love to design—the possibilities, ideas, conversation, mediums, process, and tools.
Your process is guided by an insatiable curiosity and desire to create great experiences.
You strive to understand the people at the center of our brand.
You aim to create memorable visual elements for our audience.
You think and work in systems, identifying threads that tie experiences together.
You bring your work to life across various media.
You’re able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
You have a calm and flexible approach to handling problems.
You’re a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently.
You have a desire to grow and a positive attitude.
- Design for a wide variety of media, including: emails, online ads, landing pages, printed materials, social media, office branding, presentations, internal and external videos.
- Partner with Marketing to create experiences that elevate the brand and drive action.
- Work collaboratively with the VP of Marketing, copywriters, email marketers, engineers, data analysts, and other designers.
- Produce unique, strategically led marketing assets.
- Become fully immersed in the Teachable brand and mission.
- Explore and evolve our brand identity over time.
- Collaborate across teams to execute compelling and cohesive communications that elevate our brand.
- Contribute to all phases of creative production – from concept to execution.
- Ensure accuracy of content, editorial consistency and brand positioning for all digital work.
- Evaluate, refine, and maintain brand design.
- Advocate for the brand and customer.
- Promote continual creative improvements through self-education and process refinement.
- Ensure design deliverables meet project objectives, budget, and timelines for various departments.
- Participate in regular design crits and help create an in-house design practice.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketch are required; experience with Keynote and After Effects are preferred
- Experience designing for social media (Instagram, Facebook) and other paid media platforms
- Strong typography skills and clean design aesthetic with an emphasis on visual hierarchy, good structure and clear communication
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description