We believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Teachable has entered an exciting period of growth and needs an experienced creative professional to help us design this next chapter. As the leader of the Marketing Creative Team, you’ll be in an important position to help drive our mission, share our story with new audiences, and engage our existing members.
The Marketing Creative Director is a strategist and visual designer that thrives in the intersection of brand, business, and customer. You will set creative direction and lead creative production within the marketing organization. You will be tasked with evolving the visual identity of the Teachable brand and collaborating within the organization to ensure it’s conveyed through both our marketing and our platform. This role works directly with stakeholders to ensure consistency across all channels.
To be successful in this role, you should be excited about creating a best-in-class visual brand, getting your hands dirty in our design queue, managing external resources, and developing talented designers.
You’ll bring creativity and leadership to our marketing design team and processes. As part of a fast-moving marketing organization you thrive on flexibility, resourcefulness, and taking on a variety of creative projects.
This role reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
- Interpret & develop Teachable’s visual guidelines to create a best-in-class brand.
- Set creative direction for all marketing campaigns and communications.
- Conceptualize and execute on large scale, multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Lead and develop a team of creative professionals.
- Manage internal and external resources to achieve company goals.
- Ensure consistency and creativity across all visual designs.
- Responsible for end-to-end management of all marketing design projects.
- Contribute hands-on design work along with your team to execute needs.
- Lead with creative vision and the ability to execute independent work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges.
- You are self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed.
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities.
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks.
- 7+ years of graphic design experience
- 3+ years of design direction experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of designers
- B2B, SaaS, or E-Commerce experience a strong plus
- Startup experience a strong plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.