Creative Lead / Art Director (behavior change direct marketing) at Aetna (Behavior Change Pods)
The Creative Lead is an Art Director (ideally with UX and conceptual experience) responsible for creating highly compelling and persuasive communications across channels to drive marketing campaigns focused on improving health outcomes 20+ million members. Will lead creative strategy and execution in print and digital direct marketing.
In partnership with a dedicated copywriter and business leaders, you will shape the member experience through creative development in the NYC-based "Behavior Change Pods" agile marketing organization -- this is the Aetna Marketing test & learn innovation group. Your campaigns will activate a portfolio of "Next Best Actions" that help members get healthier, reduce medical cost, improve our Stars ratings, and raise member satisfaction. This is more than just a marketing job! Come onboard and help us define and build the team.
The Creative Lead will apply behavioral economic principles and an understanding of personas to write and design highly personalized marketing campaigns. This most often comes in the form of email, direct mail, social media advertising (e.g., Facebook ads) and responsive microsites, built by a web developer. This is an extremely impactful and exciting role that is best suited for someone who is passionate about applying their creative skills to build meaningful content and user experiences to disrupt healthcare. Individuals should be flexible, and able to react and quickly adapt to strategic changes and roadblocks.
You will be an individual contributor on a cross-functional “pod” team that includes a marketing strategist, copywriter, marketing operations specialist, marketing technologist, and data scientists. The broader department has a dedicated web developer, email production lead, and proofreader.
- 5+ years professional experience in art direction / graphic design in an agency or brand marketing environment including but not limited to e-mail, direct mail, social media, and digital design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) is essential for both print and digital
- Knowledge of Sketch is a major plus
- Energetic, action-oriented, and passionate about changing healthcare
- An interest in partnering with data science teams to drive more insight into personas and to build better content
- Strong attention to detail is critical – in order to ensure “six sigma” levels of error-free campaign delivery, particularly with rapidly changing needs
- Experience working in an Agile methodology and/or rapid test and learn environment is preferred, but not required
- Experience in a large corporate environment a plus
- Experience in Medicare a plus
- Send an email with your resume and portfolio to [email protected].
- In your cover letter, please bullet out your key expertise in relationship to the role.
- For your portfolio, please direct us to your three most relevant examples of work.