Greater NYC Area
Candid is a rapidly growing healthcare startup dedicated to making high quality orthodontic treatment accessible to all. By simplifying the process and reducing costs, we can help more people feel healthier and more confident every single day. Straighter teeth are just the start.
Since we launched in 2017, Candid has treated tens of thousands of patients, brought on 300+ employees, and raised ~$90M in funding. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, tech, retail, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Uber, and Airbnb.
Candid is looking for a Design/Art Director rooted in visual design but also experienced in brand, motion and interactive design. You will be responsible for leading design work independently, developing brand concepts, and mentoring other designers. In this role, you’ll work closely with our writers, brand designers, CRM, and marketing teams. Additionally, you’ll need to direct and interact with photographers, illustrators, video producers, and coders across a range of projects including, but not limited to, brand design, package design, interface design, and environmental design. In each instance, you’ll lead the conceptualization and execution of the creative solutions, working closely with the team to develop ideas and creative storytelling. This position will report into the Executive Creative Director.
What You’ll Do
- Guide internal teams, agencies and partners on large scale strategic projects
- Ensure flawless execution, garnering high design standards from the team, on-time delivery of work
- Move freely between creative ideation, production, and mentorship while giving your team room to grow and learn from you
- Aire on the side of speed, think analytically, know how to spot the best ideas and invest in them with a high degree of efficacy
- Be a strong leader and ambassador for design within Candid and in the design industry at large, be someone people trust, look up to and are confident in bringing out the best in the team
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years minimum experience with 4+ years experience in leadership capacity
- Evidence of pushing impeccable work into market
- Experience working on both client facing and internal projects
- Curiosity of current design trends across various industries and ability to tie to various business lines.
- A strong, multidisciplinary portfolio that showcases a finely tuned and nuanced aesthetic—with expertise in identity and design systems, typography, visual storytelling and art direction (packaging a plus)
- Passion for managing various levels of designers - providing positive and constructive feedback
- Ability to clearly communicate and sell design concepts/vision to teams and stakeholders
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description