Design Lead at Clyde
Clyde is an end-to-end product protection platform that is re-thinking the way retailers increase loyalty and drive revenue, and the way customers manage their purchases. We are tackling the $50B per year extended warranty market and becoming the de facto solution in the space by leveraging an intense focus on product, design, and customer experience. Clyde delivers product protection plans directly to consumers as they shop, owning the relationship from purchase to claim submission to resolution. We know that the relationship between retailers and their customers is far from over after checkout, so we’re building products to deliver value at every stage of this relationship.
The Designer will work closely with the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to create compelling user experiences that delight our customers. You will help build products that empower retailers to sell product protection and provide transparent, intuitive, and delightful experiences for their customers. The Designer will be an integral part of the Product and Marketing teams as we work to build the best product in the extended warranty space.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to translate high-level concepts into functional, intuitive product experiences
- Act as a voice of the user and work cross-functionally to test and validate user experiences
- Continuously think about ways to improve the user experience for retailers and customers
- Work with the Marketing team to craft engaging visuals for Clyde content
- Help build out Clyde’s design processes, tools, and culture
This is the position for you if...
- You are motivated by the opportunity to be the first design hire at a Series A start-up
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have product design experience at a B2B SaaS company
- You approach to design with a strong sense of empathy for the customer/product user
- You are obsessed with details
- Your friends and colleagues describe you as open and curious, and you are willing to go beyond the job description
- You see how your role as a UX/UI designer fits into the larger strategic vision
- You have experience balancing customer experience and technical feasibility while maximizing business impact
What We Look For
- 3-5 years of design experience at a software company
- Proficiency in UX and wireframing
- Fluency with the latest product and marketing design tools and technology (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Zeplin?)
- Experience with user research, usability testing, design thinking, lean UX, agile, rapid innovation skills such as design sprint methodology,
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Knowledge of the Webflow CMS
- Bachelor’s degree in design preferred
Who are we?
Clyde is a product and design led organization founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team of designers, engineers, operators, and successful former founders. We have partnered with some of the top investors in the world to help us achieve our vision.
Why should you join us?
Clyde is building an incredibly thoughtful suite of products with enormous potential. We are a highly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative team, and we value diversity of all kinds. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. All members of our team will have ample opportunities for professional growth, plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We are building a really exciting company and can’t wait for you to join us.
Marketing responsibilities would include:
- Building out Clyde’s design system
- Designing new website pages and email templates
- Creating a system for weekly blog imagery
- Designing and updating product marketing materials and sales collateral such as one pagers, decks, and direct mail pieces
- Creating digital ads for display and social media
Product responsibilities would include:
- Clarifying value propositions for retailers and consumers
- Build key visuals for Clyde’s customer portal
- Building out Clyde’s design system
- User personas
- User Interviews of consumers
- Wireframing + Usability testing
- Owning all of the user journeys and workflows in the customer ecomm experience, Clyde’s consumer dashboard, Dashboard, Bonnie
- Developing Clyde’s UI look and feel
- Build out site map, and improve the system information architecture
- Managing design-related contractors
- Evangelizing design thinking across the org