Digital Product Designer at Casper
Casper is currently seeking an experienced data driven digital product designer to join our digital product team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the digital product team on a variety of high visibility data-driven commerce initiatives that are key to the success of Casper’s digital flagship customer experience. In addition, you’ll be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary creative team to evolve our design system by migrating, maintaining and inventing new UI components and interactive patterns for ecommerce. This role will play an important part in the product design team’s operational efficiency and scalability.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Own medium and small-scale projects from start to finish under the guidance of fellow UX/Creative leads
- Contributing to strategy-setting and providing design feedback to members of the entire Product Design organization implementing Casper’s Design System
- Writing guidelines, evolving UI components, and maintaining Figma libraries
- Conducting audits of competitors’ user experiences to discover insights, opportunities.
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands and squad meetings
- Using research and data to inform your design solutions
- Develop and maintain information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible experience using tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Collaborate cross-functionally throughout each phase of the project cycle to drive decisions, reusability, mitigate issues and ensure that business and tech specifications are implemented.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal stakeholders
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- Able to work independently but seek mentorship and feedback from your manager and more senior designers
- Ability to contribute to design strategy and design direction
- Uses research and data to inform design solutions
- Ability to implement, adhere to and advocate for our new design system proficiently and consistently
- Ability to sketch, prototype, and create high fidelity artifacts for the team
- You ship good work, balancing pragmatism and quality
- Have effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Ability to express feedback with kindness and candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Ability to translate quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribute to our creative culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!