What you'll do:
- Lead a team of designers in defining, maintaining and iterating on Ro's visual brand story across Ro's portfolio of brands, including: Roman, Rory, Zero and Ro Pharmacy.
- Partner with Creative Leadership, including Creative Directors and Content Directors on: highly visible integrated campaigns that span TV, digital, social and email; brand guidelines that power iterative performance marketing work, and; visual content for key touch points such as our websites, social accounts and press releases.
- Seek to understand the complexities of Ro's business and larger socioeconomic trends as a backdrop for providing design guidance, feedback and decision making. Communicate ideas and relevant context across the organization to create momentum and get buy-in at all levels, including Executive Leadership.
- Manage the day-to-day priorities of designers on the Creative team with the intent of maximizing their talents, driving curiosity and meeting key business objectives. Facilitate a culture of openness, self-reflection and growth through leading by example. This includes going hands-on if and when the need arises.
- Collaborate with VP, Marketing and Creative Leadership to envision future state for the team. Mentor designers on career growth and personal development by creating opportunities and feedback loops.
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders in Marketing, Growth, Product Design, Product, Med Ops and Legal to build and maintain processes that produce top quality work and preserve team wellbeing.
- Develop a strong roster of freelance design and production talent that can augment the team in executing work at the speed and scale required by the business.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years design experience with a portfolio demonstrating branding and visual design across a range of high impact initiatives. 3+ years managing a team of 5-10+ internal designers and external contributors.
- Ability to translate goals of the business into effective visual communication that captures attention, motivates action and supports strategic initiatives.
- End-to-end creative process leadership, from concept development to implementation. As well as experience with the creation and maintenance of brand guidelines at scale.
- Unique design POV informed by design trends and a desire to push creative boundaries from the position of expert design craft. Technical knowledge in a multitude of associated skills and disciplines--such as: art direction, motion and video editing, illustration--is a plus.
- Understanding of UX principles, best practices and associated customer-centric design processes.
- Bias for hypothesis and data-driven experimentation and iteration.
- Excellent presentation skills and communications abilities at all levels, both internally and externally to partners and other 3rd parties.
- Strong ownership sensibility as it relates to the quality and performance of the creative work. Ability to synthesize feedback from non-design, non-creative stakeholders and translate it into actionable ways for designers to move forward.
- Previous experience in a health or medical field not required. A growth mindset is!