The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
The Trade Desk is looking for a Director, Design to push the proverbial creative envelope. The ideal candidate will have experience ideating and executing best-in-class 360 global marketing campaigns, events and video content. The right candidate must have experience developing campaign and video concepts in concert with copy, production, and digital experiences teams and executing work for a variety of mediums, including video, digital, audio, DOOH (digital out of home), and print.
The candidate should possess exceptional design skills and have deep a passion for creating work with impact.
In this role, you will:
- Build awareness around The Trade Desk brand and continually raise the bar creatively, putting out inspired and effective work out into the world
- Concept and execute work across brand and product marketing, events and sales, and collaborate with teammates across the global marketing org that aligns to our key business and marketing objectives
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and tactics that effectively deliver against creative briefs
- Pitch new ideas and show ways that we can extend campaigns and content through clever and unexpected executions and activations
- Work in close partnership with digital experiences team
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize workflow, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Be curious, love learning new techniques, and testing new hypotheses
- Be able to present and articulate ideas and concept proposals to leadership
- Work across every step of content production with the aim of producing video content that is out of the box. This will include pre-production (concepting, storyboarding, casting), on set (art direction) and post-production (edit reviews, shaping narrative)
- Keep track of awesome creative executions and continuously present new ideas to team
- Directly manage a small team of global Art Directors and Designers, supporting go-to-market initiatives
- Provide creative direction, mentorship and "coach up" creatives on your team and throughout the organization
- Be involved in recruiting and hiring additional creative team members as needed
- Be a nice human
Who you are:
- 10-12 total experience include 7-10 years of experience as a Sr. Art Director or Associate Creative Director at a creative agency, or in-house agency for well-established brands
- BA/BFA degree in Graphic Design (or similar)
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits exception campaign work, and sophisticated use of typography, color, and graphic elements (and a clean visual design sense)
- Experienced in campaign concept development and creative execution, graphic design, art direction, production across physical and digital ecosystems
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in developing PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-function teams
- Hunger for keeping up-to-date on current technology, trends and web design principals
- Strength in building relationships across internal team and external vendors
- Intellectual curiosity to learn all things programmatic and the nuances of the advertising technology industry
- Have a “let's roll up our sleeves and get it done” attitude
Nice to have’s:
- Experience in the advertising technology space
- Experience in B2B marketing
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your application (will not be considered without portfolio website)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.