Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to help take the visual language and user experience within our SaaS application to the next level. In this role, you will lead the Product Design vision and team. You will be responsible for designing new product functionality that is intuitive and accessible, solving UX challenges that include incorporating data science into marketing workflows and build data products for non-technical users. You will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to improve current UI components, define user workflows, build new layouts, and oversee the visual language of our product. Through user research, experience maps, and the creation of wireframes and mockups you will guide what the user sees throughout the product development process.What You'll Do
- Lead a team of phenomenal Product Designers
- Build product design principles and implement them across the application and brand
- Reason about the user experience across the platform and champion initiatives that will drive excellence in the product
- Build visual concepts to communicate ideas and explore potential implementations of a capability
- Define the user experience and behavior of UI elements in detail
- Iterate on mockups, images, and design workflows for new and existing application components
- Collaborate with members of the Product and Engineering teams to implement the vision for features within our platform
- Develop design concepts for new and existing pages on our marketing websites
- Conduct user interviews to discover needs, validate hypotheses, and conduct user testing
- 2+ years leading a team of product designs / UX designers / UI designers
- 3+ years crafting user interfaces for SaaS web applications on desktop devices
- 4+ years of experience within Product Design as a function
- Experience crafting and working with design systems
- Solid knowledge of UX standard methodologies and user-centered design methodologies
- Solid understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles
- Familiarity with standard methodologies for conducting user research and testing
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.