Director of Product Design at TodayTix
Launched in 2013, TodayTix is now the largest theater ticketing platform in the world. We work with thousands of venues to provide the best-priced tickets available in the biggest cities around the world, including New York City, London, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago, and Australia. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theater, and thoughtful service at each moment along the way, we enable people to discover the best that their city has to offer.
We believe life is better with theater in it. Theater brings us together, challenges our perspectives, and ultimately develops us into more complete humans. No matter who you are or where you're from. That's why we're on a mission to make theater as accessible as possible and find a seat for everyone.
We're seeking highly motivated team members to join us in disrupting an old supply chain model, creating greater access to theater, and expanding the theater-going audience.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!About The Role
We’re looking for someone who will make TodayTix known for incredible, world-class, product design and user experience. In this role, you will lead the Product Design team and be responsible for the look and feel of our digital products including our 5-star app, consumer websites, and back-end admin platforms. You obsess over the user, are a creative problem solver, and have a simple and delightful aesthetic for digital products. You’ll spend most time with the Product team - Product Managers, Designers, Data Insights, and Engineers - and also work closely with Brand and Marketing and other senior stakeholders to ensure consistency and quality across our visual style guide and design projects. You can shift seamlessly between focusing on the smallest details, to rolling up your sleeves to create inspiring designs, to being a strategic partner and evangelist for great design across the company.
What You'll Do
- Lead, manage, and develop a world-class team of product designers (UX/UI)
- Establish the look and feel across our digital products
- Conduct Discovery of our most important and strategic projects
- Partner and align with the Brand Creative team in representing the Brand DNA across our design projects
- Be an inspiring communicator and leader who champions great visual design across the company
- Be the guardian of product design excellence, ensuring creative output from teams are consistent and representative of our brand holistically
- Establish best practices that foster a productive and inspiring creative environment
What We’re Looking For
- Experience. You have 10+ years designing digital products across web and mobile platforms.
- User focus. Your work has a simple yet delightful user-centric aesthetic.
- Consistency. You’re able to establish and maintain strong brand identity across all product touchpoints.
- Leadership. You've built happy and productive teams that love working together and spread joy.
- Collaboration. Your communication skills are unparalleled and stakeholders respect your solution-oriented, “yes and” approach.
- Range. You seamlessly shift between defining long-term strategy and obsessing over the finest design detail.
- Passion. You’re fun to be around, always thoughtful, and love sharing your expertise.
- “One Team.” No task is too small, and you’ll roll up your sleeves to create and ship great work.
What We Offer
TodayTix takes care of our team. We’re proud to offer a generous suite of benefits and perks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental plans, with generous contributions from the company
- Life and disability insurance
- Free membership and access to One Medical Group & Health Advocate
- Subsidized gym memberships at two New York-based chains
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Employee referral bonuses
TodayTix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.