About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Grubhub User Experience Research team is a curated group of talented, fun loving people who are passionate about making great products. Their work directly influences product strategy and execution by partnering with multiple teams within the organization.
We're looking for an enthusiastic leader to take our research practice to the next level. This candidate will drive, working collaboratively with the broader team, the design and execution of generative and evaluative research studies in support of creating meaningful experiences for our customers and driving the business forward. They will be responsible for leading a team of researchers who design test plans, recruit users, facilitate research studies, analyze results, and present insights (the basic stuff). Additionally, this person will be expected to champion our users to the Design and Product organization. This might mean working with our partners to ensure we are asking the right questions, identifying overlooked research opportunities, as well as looking for education opportunities in regards to best practices, breaking down silos, etc. This role will report into the VP, Design and we are open to hiring this role in Chicago or New York.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead and coach team of UX researchers in our Chicago & New York office.
- Partner with Consumer Insights Researchers, Product Design Managers, Product Managers, and Tech Leads to drive all stages of research from early product direction through summative validation in an Agile work environment.
- Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted; This might mean working with cross functional teams.multiple devices, brands and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience .
- Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development.
- Put the needs of our varied set of users front and center and driving, through influence and well-constructed presentations of insights, the user experience strategy of our many products.
- As VOC, effectively challenge and elevate the customer experience in a data driven environment.
- Be an ambassador for the craft and practice of research at Grubhub, through all departments.
- Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
You Should Have
- 7+ years of experience conducting digital consumer facing ux research on a variety of devices/platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet) and managing teams of researchers
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, concept testing, online qualitative tools, survey design, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A/B testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
- Proven ability to identify and execute creative and effective user research approaches
- Experience with a broad set of qualitative and user-centered research methods: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.