| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:26 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
As a Graphic Designer Intern at Summer, you will have the opportunity to use your graphic design and communication skills to elevate our brand identity across our various Marketing channels. You will collaborate with the Product and Marketing teams to produce polished, attention-grabbing materials. We are seeking someone who loves design, communicates well, thinks strategically, and is a proactive, detail-oriented team player. Your role at Summer:
- Create and develop smart, strategic concepts in collaboration with Product Marketing and Design
- Design marketing materials for Summer, including but not limited to: digital creative (blog, social media and email marketing assets), printed marketing collateral, swag
- Communicate design ideas verbally and visually to team members and internal stakeholders
- Address and interpret stakeholder edits that result in an optimal finished product
- Work with the design team on developing and maintaining brand standards, ensuring a high level of quality and establishing a consistent look and feel across materials
- 2+ years of professional graphic design experience (can be freelance positions during school)
- Experience designing for web, as well as print
- Expertise in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience developing concepts into campaigns
- A deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Refined aesthetic sense, strong typography skills and a keen eye for detail
- Basic knowledge of print design, pre-press and commercial print processes
Special consideration will be given to candidates that additionally demonstrate:
- Illustration skills
- HTML/CSS reading and writing ability
Please include your resume and link to your portfolio when applying. Paid internship for 15-25 hours per week. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Read Full Job Description